Bodegas Lustau was founded in 1896 by Mr. José Ruiz-Berdejo. José, a court clerk by trade, enamored by the land began to cultivate vines on his homestead, known as Nuestra Señora de la Esperanza. In an area at the house he produced the wines that he later would sell to principal wineries for resale and exporting. He became an Almacenista and to this day the company maintains a vast range of these independent family produced exclusive wines.
His son-in-law Emilio Lustau Ortega moved the winery to an old neighborhood in the historic quarter of Jerez de la Frontera. There, in buildings that formed part of the historic Moorish walls of the city, he slowly began to expand the business, still as a “Almacenista”. In 1950, the company began exporting its own sherry wines.
Lustau’s philosophy has remained the same since its inception in 1896: the pursuit of the highest quality in order to offer the market the widest and finest range of sherry. It is considered the foremost reference and benchmark of quality when it comes to Sherry in the wine world.
Visit our site