About the “Ruby Soho” cocktail
I spent a few years living out on the east end of Long Island while attending university. During this time the house in which I lived had a driveway that was about 1/4 mile long and was lined with wine berries. My roommates an I would muddle them with sugar, whatever booze we had lying around, and whatever mint we could scrounge from the yard. This is my ode to summers on the Long Island Sound with some of the coolest people I’ve had the pleasure of living with.
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1/2oz honey syrup (2:1 honey to water)
- 1/4oz ginger syrup (1:1 ginger juice to white sugar)
- 1/4oz lime juice
- 1oz Lustau Jarana Fino Sherry
- 1oz Lustau Los Arcos Amontillado Sherry
- 4 raspberries 2 cucumber slices
- Put raspberries and cucumber slices in your tin and muddle well.
- After well muddled, add one orange twist and stamp lightly two times.
- Then add Angostura Bitters, honey syrup, ginger syrup (1:1 ginger juice to white sugar), lime juice, Lustau Fino Sherry, & Lustau Amontillado Sherry.
- Whip shake with 1/4 cup of crushed ice and double strain into an AP wine glass.
- Top with crushed ice.
What is the perfect class for “Ruby Soho” cocktail? AP Wine Glass
Who invented the “Ruby Soho” cocktail? The cocktail was invented by David Ebert